A definition

Crochet is a process of creating fabric from yarn or thread using a crochet hook. The word is derived from the Middle French word croc or croche, meaning hook. Crocheting, similar to knitting, consists of pulling loops of yarn through other loops. Crochet differs from knitting in that only one loop is active at one time (the sole exception being Tunisian crochet), and that a crochet hook is used instead of knitting needles.

Saturday, October 27, 2007

Anyone can do this

I remember watching my grandmother make those intricate lace patterns for doilies and thinking that there was no way that I would ever be able to do anything so delicate.

I must admit I still haven't tried doilies but crochet is easy and fun (once I could decode those patterns). The videos below show the basic crochet stitches. In the coming weeks I will produce videos with instructions on how to make interesting projects. This definitely isn't your grandmother's crocheting site!

So I hope you will come back and visit often and if you have any suggestions for projects please send them to me.

No comments: